Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Detail is Duplicated Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
reherbig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote reherbig Replybullet Topic: Detail is Duplicated
     Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:21pm
I new to the Forum and have a question regarding a Crystal report using Timberline Purchasing. I have a purchase order that is duplicating every item that pulls into the detail section of my report: I am sure this is something simple I am overlooking...can anyone help open my eyes?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:13pm

In the Database menu, is "Select Distinct Records" turned on?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
reherbig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote reherbig Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:20pm
No, that option is "greyed out" on my menu.
 
Originally posted by hilfy

In the Database menu, is "Select Distinct Records" turned on?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:49pm
Go to File|Report Options.  Turn on "Use Indexes Or Server For Speed".  Also turn on "Perform Grouping On Server" if it's available.  Click on OK.  The Select Distinct Records option should now be available. (This may not work if you're using a file-based database like Access, Paradox, etc.)
 
 
I would also go to the Database tab under File|Options and turn on the same two items.  When you do that, you'll be able to turn on Select Distinct for all new reports that you create.  It also takes some of the processing load off of Crystal and puts it on the database server.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
reherbig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote reherbig Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:36pm
The report option window already has Use Indexes checked, and Perform Grouping on Server is greyed out. The options database tab also also has Use Indexes checked, but I was able to check Perform Grouping on Server. Something strange I have noticed is that the report does not duplicate details in all data folders that I test it in(as a reminder, I am using Sage Timberline). Could there be something odd in certain data folders?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:01am

What type of database is Sage Timberline using? E.g., what type of database connection do you use to connect to it?

 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
reherbig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote reherbig Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:11am
With the help of another set of eyes I have discovered my problem: there was a linking issue between some of the data tables.
To answer your question, Timberline uses Pervasive. Thank you so much for all of your input. I am sure we will meet again...Big%20smile
Rebecca
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum