Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Post Cards / Tractor Fed Printer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dgerdner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dgerdner Replybullet Topic: Post Cards / Tractor Fed Printer
     Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:12am
I need to print 6" wide by 4" high post cards on a tractor fed matrix printer.
 
I would think through Page Setup I could define this as a User Defined size, but when I define the heigth and width Crystal switches from Portrait to Landscape - which is not at all what I want.
 
This is something that is simple to do in old programming languages (think COBOL) or simple little $50 forms applications -- but I've spent two days trying unsuccessfully to do it in Crystal.
 
I must be missing something, right?
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:19pm
Does it just change the select in Crystal, or does it actually change the way that the printed report appears?  If it's just in Crystal, it may be that it changes from portrait to landscape because your width is greater than your height.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
dgerdner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dgerdner Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:26pm
It definitely changes it [from portrait to landscape] because the width is greater than the height (a *feature* that is killing me) and it does, indeed, print "sideways" on the paper as it comes through the matrix printer.
 
 


Edited by dgerdner - 28 May 2008 at 7:22pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum