Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bobsn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote bobsn Replybullet Topic: Formula issue
     Posted: 27 May 2008 at 3:12pm
Hi all
 
I have a amount field coming into the report from a BW source.
 
I need to create formula within report which would restrict this amount field using parameters.
 
What would be the syntax for it.. I need to be able to write
 
   Amount when Type= ?type
 
 
Thanks
 
IP IP Logged
solent
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote solent Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:23am

Hi,

Create a paramter field and then choose Report/Selection Formlas/Record.

In the Formula Editor you can enter {Type}={?Type}.  This will only display the records matching the type entered in the parmeter

Hope this helps

 

 

IP IP Logged
bobsn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote bobsn Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:33am

Thats a good idea. But I want to create 3 columns out of the same Amount field. but with different Type value.

Any ideas?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum