Hi, I am new to this forum and was looking for some help in something our department is trying to do. I am not a regular Crystal user, though I know some Visual Basic. I think my problem is with my syntax I am using to obtain my output.
We are creating a report to take a field that has the full name with the first and last name separate by a "/". We need to take the part before the slash (fname) and the part after the slash (lname) and put these two results on the page under separate columns. At the part where we right the formula for the fname and lname fields, we cannot figure out how to find which character place holds this slash to then trim what parts we need. (Apologize for not using correct lingo).
Knowing Visual Basic and referring to an example, I would write the code as follows. I want to know how I can write this for Crystal to get our output.
Dim n As Integer
n = (Inventory.Traveler).IndexOf("/")
fname = (Inventory.Traveler).Substring(0, n)
lname = (Inventory.Traveler).Substring(n +1)
This is my line of thinking. Any help at all would be appreciated on how to accomplish this. We tried using "TRIM", but that only seems to work with spaces, not slashes.
Thanks