Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: I need help - FIFO table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Pulson
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 May 2008
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Pulson Replybullet Topic: I need help - FIFO table
     Posted: 15 May 2008 at 3:26am
Hello,
sewage treatment plant,
flow measurement (totaliser) - impuls --> incrementing the value in variable.
From this one variable I need to create a table with data inclusive daily flow measurement for last 30 days (every day apart). Every day (for instance at midnight) data from one position in table must move to the next one.
How can I do this in Cristal Reports XI 11? Is it posible? Sorry for my poor english.
Pulson
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 4:30am
Hmm.  I'm going to present a few possible scenarios, as I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you want.

If you want to actually create a new table in the database (i.e., a new place to store the data), then Crystal is not the tool you want to use.  Technically, it can be done.  Brian has an example of how to do it in his book.  But, I highly recommend that you look for a solution within the database first.

If you are simply looking to produce a separate report for each day, then it somewhat depends on what your data looks like. 

Does each record have a date or datetime field associated with it?  If so, it is a simple matter of grouping based on that field.  In the Group Expert, click on the group, and click on Options.  At the bottom of the screen, there is a drop-down box.  Select "for each day," and that should give you what you need.

If that does not give you what you need, then things get a bit trickier.  Try posting a bit of sample data, and an idea of the final format you want, and we'll try to make it happen.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum