Dear Brian,
I bought your book "Crystal Reports Encyclopedia .NET 2005/2008" and have found it very useful in trying to figure out CR on the .Net application. I am having a problem with deployment, however, and don't quite understand the description in the book(pg 416).
I have CR running in my ASP.Net application (C#) just fine on my development machine but apparently CR is not installed on the deployment server. I built a deployment project like you described (although at the end of the section, you said something about using the setup files to "install the application on the client computer"), copied it to the server, ran the setup.exe file that was auto generated and I get some error about things being precompiled. My typical way to get my project to the server is use the Publish Website link in VS2008. When I do that, I get the error: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.5.3700.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified. I'm not being too lucky finding help on the web so I thought I'd go the master. Thanks in advance if you can shed any light on this.
Bob
