CR 2008 Licensing

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi,
 
My company is thinking/planning on moving away from Crystal based on licensing fees.  We currently are on CR XI. I have read that CR 2008 reports can be distributed freely (after paying a 1 time fee by the developers), to purchasers of a software package.  Or another way of saying it...if I pay SAP $2500, I can embed and distribute as many CR reports as I want without incurring further licensing fees.
 
Is this true?  We are moving to a another reporting tool that I have been fighting with for over 3 weeks to create a report that I already created in CR in 1-2 days.  It would be nice to be able to say that there is an option.
 
The new tool does have some cool features that CR doesn't (like allowing the user to modify/create their own reports from the dataset), but...
 
Thanks for any feedback you can provide.