Posted By: WildBird — 7 Jun 2007 at 9:08am
Which catagory tiitle is equivelent to Crystal Reports XI R2 / Crystal Reports XI in Visual Studio?
Release 2 updated the Visual Studio 2005 version in the development tool. So in this forum, what terminology do you use to refer to this version?
Thanks,
WildBird
Posted By: BrianBischof — 7 Jun 2007 at 11:09am
The VS.NET 2005 category relates to anything programming.
Posted By: WildBird — 7 Jun 2007 at 11:24am
I'm not sure that is helpful. I hope I do not have to explain why this is.
If one is working with Crystal Reports XI R2, within VSS 2005, within Visual Web Developer.... VB.Net is not the same for reference frequently.
But I will try this catagory and see if the topics are relevant for my platform of development.
I have been working with Crystal Reports consistantly since version 5.0, wayyyyy back in time. I like what Business Objects has brought back to life with this software, but I am really disliking the whole parameter development change. It is a nightmare to create a decent looking layout, much less a logical query interface for a user, with what they have done to the parameter creation process.
Are you familiar with how freaking difficult it now is to... for example,
Have the user select more than 2 parameter selections with at least one or 2 of them linked to what shows up for selection in the 3rd parameter dropdown list???
If you have any resources that might help me in this area of development,
I would be so very greatful....!!!
Thanks for your time,
Shawn Marie Austin
Web Application/Database development
State of WA