Can I distribute my software?

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi Brian

I have hit your site several times when searching for CR solutions. I have read a bit of what was available and I am tempted to buy the books. but then again there is a lot to spend on the internet and only realise we did not get the value.

Mine is a specific issue which i want to know that i will get in the book:

I want to complete my software and put it in a CD and distribute it. I work with VB2005 and Ms Access 2003. My CR 10.5 comes with the VS2005.

I have tried several ways of connecting to the CR (ADO, RDO, OLE DB Jet 4.0) and while everything works well in my development environment, it never works when I have published the application. I get errors from "Load report error", "cannot find datasource", or the software asks for the report datasource when i try it in a computer different from where i developed it, etc.

Please point me to the specific areas/examples that address the issue. I am glad to have noted that you have a step by step example on P&L and Balance Sheet.

Mambo


Edited by mambo - 03 Jul 2009 at 8:16pm