Printing from Crystal Viewer
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author
Posted By: sbare — 9 May 2007 at 4:12pm
When I click the print button in the Crystal Report Viewer (CR XI R2) it renders the report as a PDF file prior to printing. This adds an extra step for my users. Is there a way to print without going to a PDF file first?
Posted By: hilfy — 10 May 2007 at 8:26am
Not that I know of. This is the way the viewer does it's printing. When you're in BusinessObjects Enterprise, there's a way to set it to use an ActiveX printing control, but I don't see a way to set that in the .NET Crystal Viewer component.
-Dell
Posted By: sbare — 10 May 2007 at 5:04pm
Dell, Thanks for your response. I did find that property on the viewer control and set it to ActiveX. It is much better. Thanks, Steve
Posted By: hilfy — 11 May 2007 at 7:20am
Just for my own edification, which property is it and which version of VS are you using?
Thanks!
-Dell
Posted By: sbare — 11 May 2007 at 4:22pm
I am using VS 2005 and CR XI Developer Edition - Release 2. The CrystalReportViewer property is PrintMode. Hope that helps. Now I am trying to figure out how to set the default for the group tree to off.
Posted By: jhodz2001 — 20 Jul 2008 at 9:57pm
just set the property of the HASTOGGLEGROUPTREEBUTTON to FALSE or TRUE.
hope it would help Edited by jhodz2001 - 20 Jul 2008 at 10:00pm
Posted By: TonyZ — 25 Jul 2008 at 7:40am
There is also a PrintToPrinter command if you want to print directily without viewing first.
rpt.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 0, 0)
TonyZ
|