line break in a formula field
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: maryammarz — 30 Jan 2009 at 11:17pm
hi all!
I have a formula field and it Concatenates strings. I want each string be in a new line.
any help would be appreciated.
Maryam
Posted By: ezeney — 1 Feb 2009 at 9:25am
I would use ChrW() to insert ASCII characters. The following code will print each word on a new line:
"What" + ChrW(13) + "is" + ChrW(13) + "CR?"
You need to make sure that your object 'Can Grow' option is checked.
Posted By: maryammarz — 3 Feb 2009 at 10:00pm
thanx a lot, it works.
Posted By: UdeIni — 8 Dec 2009 at 9:45pm
It works !!!!!!! Thanks a lot for the help
Posted By: Lennie — 19 Mar 2010 at 10:55pm
Hi Maryammarz and UdeIni,
I am having the same problem with LINE FEED on crystal report as I am new to Crystal Report. Instead of having the Crystal Report data source attached to DataSet or Table, Being instructed to use 4 TEXT OBJECTs within a row and fill it with data.
Here is an example of the expected report :
11024 13/09/1990 $75.25 Sir Rodney's Scones
11024 25/09/1990 $5.75 Vegie-spread
but it display only the last row
11024 25/09/1990 $5.75 Vegie-spread
Please share with me your coding that perform LINE FEED
Thank You,
Cheeres,
Lennie
Posted By: Victoryy — 13 Jan 2011 at 11:49pm
Thanks a lot. It helped me......
Posted By: Apex — 23 Aug 2011 at 7:39am
Hi,
Can you share your code on how you only select to display the latest line item?
Thanks, Winnie
Posted By: comatt1 — 23 Aug 2011 at 8:26am
there is a nextisnull function you can use...
so suprress details until this is true
nextisnull(value)
been a while, I could be wrong
Posted By: achandana01 — 10 Mar 2014 at 10:49am
Hi I used this function and it worked for me perfectly however my question is when I export it into excel data is not restricted only to single line . For instance take the phrase "what is CR" and I have another row "Crystal reports". here is how I get when i export into excel
Excel Line data
1 what
is
CR
4 crystal reports
is there a way how to do it without overlapping rows ?
|