Doesn't work like the book says it does...

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

So I followed your instructions from chapter 9.12, Linking to a stored procedure... It worked like you said it would (after I fixed a little type mis-match). I thought, "finally... the frustration is over" But Oh-No...

Now what happens is the prompt still appears and even if I enter input I get that stupid "missing parameter field..." error.

Has anyone else run into this? if so is there a solution / work around... Believe me I followed the book to the letter - the only difference was in the book you have @CustomerId, I have @ProspectId.

Thanks


I'm confused. You said that it worked, but then you got the "missing parameter field" error. So what part worked and what part didn't work? Did the two prompts go away, or is something else happening.
 
I'm sorry - when I fixed the type mismatch it worked in that my drop down list showed me the variable that I wanted which was of course the argument for the stored procedure. before I was not seeing that.

So if you look at the links I have set up in my main report you see that subreport field to link to is ?@ProspectID

Have a look at http://www.refreshless.net/subReportLink.jpg and you will see that other than the variable name it looks like the screen shot from your book.

Hope I cleared that up.

Thanks!

Thanks, that makes more sense now. I'm thinking that there is a disconnect between the subreport and the stored procedure. Is it possible that the stored procedure has two parameters that it is expecting and you are only passing one parameter to it? I would also try creating the subreport as a stand-alone report and getting it to work with the stored procedure, then once it is working you can add it back into the main report as a subreport. Check out those two things and let me know what you find out.