Change Date to Quarter ( Q1,Q2 etc

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

I have been able to add a grouping by quater for the current year.
My data spans multiple years and would like to identify them by quarter also.
When using a range, (01/01/2007 in 03/31/2007)
I receive the error: date range is required here.
 
Any suggestions ? Confused
 
thanks
 
 
I think the problem is that the dates are in string format and they need to be a date data type. You can convert strings to dates using the CDate() function.
 
I cover all the Crystal Reports functions, and show how to use them, in three chapters of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Dear Mr.Brian,
 
I am sorry..
But Is this site to help others or for your  book marketing?
according to me ,Y I have joined this site is for sharing my knowledge.
But you have mentioned to read your book.for readuing your book they will have to buy your book.
 
Isnt it crazy....
 
what about the people who cannot Afford your book?
 
Hope I make sense some where.
 
Regards
Keval raj