dynamic repositioning

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi Brian,

I brought your book and they were great training resources, while I was looking for up some tricks to format an report, I don't seem to be able to dynamically allocate a field, for example, if the value = 10 the field will be on x=100, y=100 else x=150, y=100, or just simply center of the page. Is crystal reports able to do that.

btw, when I just google crystal report, some chapters of your book seem to be just for free, this is the link and it read up to chapter 5.
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Chapter01_XI.asp

Thanks in Advance,
Dennis
Hi Dennis,

Glad to hear the the book is helping you out. Re your question, you can't do dynamic positioning like that. Re the chapters being online, thanks for the heads-up. I didn't realize that they were still on my server (and according to my web stats I see that I'm probably losing sales too...).

Brian