Posted By: bucky7199 — 2 Jun 2008 at 1:30pm
Brian,
I am trying to create an Exploded Bill of Materials Report and am not having any luck. I have 2 questions.
1) Is it possible to create an exploded BOM with Crystal?
2) Do you have a copy of one that you can email to me?
Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: BrianBischof — 2 Jun 2008 at 5:07pm
Hi Dan,
Unfortunately, I don't have an example BOM. However, I think you will find the sample that comes with Crystal Reports very helpful. Open the Hierarchical Grouping sample report and it demonstrates how create a employee table and showing the relationships between different employees and how to properly indent the data. This should give you a good starting point for modifying it to report from your parts database tables.
If you need more in-depth information about creating hierarchical reports, I cover it in Chapter 3 of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at
Amazon.com
or reading the
Crystal
Reports eBooks online.
Posted By: bucky7199 — 3 Jun 2008 at 8:48am
Thanks Brian, I will take a look.