crosstab report formula

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi, all

 

I'm using CR XI

 I am attempting to create a cross tab report where I want to display item values where:

                  Added     Deleted     Total

AF                12            3            25

F                  10            5            30   

AS                12            5           25

 Note: AF, F, AS are item categories,  Added and Deleted columns are items added and deleted in the previous financial year (e.g. 01/07/2006-30/06/2007). Total is all the items in the system up to the current finanical year ( created_date <= 30/06/2008). In the system, the created_date and deleted_date are used for counting Added and deleted, and total items

How can I achieve the above desired results by using fomula to force it to count based on different date range? 

I've tried something like:
@get_prev_added
if created_date >= 01/07/2006 and created_date <= 30/06/2007 then
created_date
@get_prev_deleted
if deleted_date >= 01/07/2006 and created_date <= 30/06/2007 then
deleted_date
@get_all_items
if created_date <= 30/06/2008 then
created_date
I have put these formula as summaries. It seems that it always displays the data based on selection <= 30/06/2008 ignoring the ealier year range
(parameters can be used for the above dates.)
 
I would appreciate it very much if anyone can offer some help, thanks in advance.

JS

 

Hi,
I  want to pass the parameter using Crystal report. now i am using typed dataset.I created report,but i couldn't able to pass the parameter in the report. please answer me.