Yes or No

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hi all,

Just a quick question.

Can Crystal Reports 11 be used to create a Dynamic Web page whilst connected to Windows Server 2003 with SQL 2000 & Microsoft.Net 2.0
With the tools listed you can do most anything.  So the answer is yes.  You need to decide on a Formview / Gridview or the Crystal options you can read about in Brian's book to display the data in a ASP.net website.  What are your tables going to hold, what views are you going to create what stored procedures what classes?  Are you going to use BOIX server (Edge)?
 
First question should be do I need to write any code?
PHP  / Java  or .net  or Maybe a Edge server will solve my requirements
 
Does my application generate a report?
 
Schedule or Ad Hoc?
 
Do I know the business process that I am asked to automate?