Storing Table IDs in an Array?

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hello
 
I am trying set up a report which contains several rows of the same table.
 
Then, I would like to show a summary of all used records. Like
 
This report includes data from "ID row1", "ID row2", "ID row 3".
 
The values can not be in an column. They have to be (unfortunately) in a row. Idea are very welcome Smile
 
This isn't too tough of a task. Rather than use an array, I would use a string and concatenate each new value to the end of it.
Global StringVar IdList;
IF IdList == "" Then
    IdList := {table.IdField}
Else
    IdList := IdList + ", " + {table.IdField};

I cover all the Crystal Reports built in functions and give code examples like this in Chapter 6 of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Oh yeah - then create a formula which returns this string and put it in the group footer (or report footer if you don't use groups).

It is working! Thanks very much :-)

Great!