Error when date is clicked on pop-up calendar

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Getting a runtime error when a date is clicked on a pop-up calendar.
 
The report has a date parameter so it prompts the user to enter a date. We can type in a date value (in the format YYYY-MM-DD) and the report will run fine, but if we use the pop-up calendar, as soon as a date is clicked, this error shows up:

a runtime error has occurred. do you wish to debug?

line: 636

Error: Unexpected call to method or property access.

This is happening on multiple Win XP machines and all have Crystal Reports XI.

I found KBase Article ID:2184555 pertaining to this issue (in the CR KB):

Article refers to: BusinessObjects Enterprise XI

Symptom

When running an on-demand Crystal report with a date prompt then clicking the pop-up calendar and selecting a date, no date is entered in the value field and the following error message appears:

"Unexpected call to method or property access "

Cause

This is a known issue and has been assigned Track ID # 813332.

Resolution

To work around this issue, either:
 
1. Close the pop-up calendar.

2. Immediately reopen the calendar.

3. Select the date(s) then click OK to run the report.

-OR-

Enter the dates manually in YYYY-MM-DD format.

------------------------
 
Unfortunately, this is an unnaceptable solution. Does anyone know of a real resolution?
 
Is it me, or is Crystal support horrible?

I was able to resolve this issue by replacing the following two files (below) with the ones provided in the promptengine_calendar.zip (available from Crystal Reports Development Department). Otherwise, you can email me if you need it, or if there is a place in this forum where I can upload it, just let me know.

 

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\prompt.dll

 

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\prompting\js\promptengine_calendar.js

 

Crystal Reports developers are going to update the KB article to reflect this patch, but it may take a month or two before it is posted.

 

So, the pop-up calendar runtime issue is resolved now.

patb, can you send me this zip file?
 
tks

Hi; 

Is there any chance you could send me the zip file or the two files.  I have installed the business objects for 12 and I'm still sporadically getting the issue.

 
Thanks

 



Edited by ho1man - 09 Apr 2009 at 8:04am

I just sent the file to you.

Good luck!

Patb, can you send me this zip file too?

Thanks

Kosmyk
kosmyk@poczta.onet.pl



Edited by kosmyk - 16 Apr 2009 at 12:10am
Just sent it.
Patb,
sorry but I didn't receive email from you Confused Could you send again to my another email: kosmyk99@gmail.com?

Best regards
Kosmyk


Please send me the files:

 
Thanks

Just sent the file to Enrico and Kosmyk.

I'm curious. Did anyone check the Business Objects website for this prompt engine calendar patch? Because the last time I spoke with their support, they said that they would make the patch available there.
Hi there patb,

I'm a new Crystal reports user (2008v) and am writing a report which propts the user for a date range, and like you would like to use the calendar.
I have created a dynamic parameter value, but can users get a list of all dates from the table i used under value, and cant even type the date, let alone choose from a calendar.

the report also contains two sub-repots which need to use the same date range. How could i set that up?

your help is much appreciated.

Deb


Edited by debmac - 26 Apr 2009 at 5:57pm
Hi patb,
Please can you send me this zip file?
 
Thank you very much!!!
BTW, if you send me the file I'll put it in my ftp so you can create a link for future requests.
Regards,
Takashi
I am coming into this a bit late, but would you mind sending the files to me as well.  ccgrem@yahoo.com  Thanks.
Hi, can you please send me the zip file? 

Edited by MeMeY - 20 Mar 2010 at 4:35pm
Hi, please can you send me the zip file also: j_ellemore@hotmail.com.
 
I wonder wht SAP don't publish this on their site, I have been trying to figure this out for two weeks.
Hi Could you please send me the files?

I appreciate it so much.

beln123@yahoo.fr

Thanks.
Hi
Could you please send me the files? I appreciate it a lot. <a href='mailto:beln123@yahoo.fr'
Thanks< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://www.crystalresbook.com/Forum/RTE_.asp?mode=reply&POID=18476&ID=834" style="border: 1px solid rgb(165, 172, 178);" onload="initialiseWebWizRTE();" width="490" height="250">
Hi could you please send me the zip?

my email is: beln123@yahoo.fr
Thanks.

Hi PatB,

could you please send me the promptengine_calendar.zip file you mentioned in your answer.

dory.lawrenson@varian.com

thanks! Dory

 

 

 

hi patb, could send me the zip file to aldoadekie@yahoo.com pls.
thanks.
Patb, can you send me this zip file too?
 
Sak
Hi Patb
Could you please, send me the files?
Can you also send it to me please? thanks in advance vhan568@yahoo.com

Edited by vhan568 - 07 Sep 2009 at 12:24am
Hi PatB, was hoping you could send me the zip file mentioned in this forum "promptengine_calendar.zip".
 
 
Thanks Linda


Edited by CRHelp - 10 Sep 2009 at 6:57am

Hi Dory

could you please send me promptengine_calendar.zip file that you received from patb.

thanks! Linda

Hi Patb  ,
 
would you be able to send me the file you mentioned to solve the calendar issue?  It would be much appreciated!
thanks!
Dory
Hi Linda,
I haven't received the file yet, if anyone has it, could they please send it to :
 
thanks!
Hi patb. Could you please send me the file as well.

My email: fenglibo@hotmail.com.

Thanks a lot!!!



Edited by fengl - 09 Oct 2009 at 10:54am

could you send it to me as well. heluvatuff@gmail.com



Edited by taxair - 13 Nov 2009 at 3:37pm
Hi Patb....

Could you send me that zip file to sanjeevit4u@gmail.com..Its Urgent I have some production issue with that calendar icon. Pl send me.


Thanks
Could you send me zip file . Its urgent Pl send me to sanjeevit4u@gmail.com

Many thanks

hi path,
 
can you please send me the files.
 
Thanks
 
Arnel
 
arnelrsd@yahoo.com
Hello...I too am in need of the zip file...if someone can email it to me I would be forever grateful!

kflundmark@gmail.com



Edited by klundmark - 25 Jan 2010 at 2:13pm
Can you please send me the files too.  Thanks.
Can you please send me the zip file please?
 
Can you send me the file?

richm@provinet.com


Thanks!!

Just undergone re-install of Crystal Reports XI and am encountering this issue for the first time.  Struggling to find the required files via SAP support though...

Really appreciate if someone could send the two files concerned to me at nicky.risby@kelvinhughes.co.uk. 
 
Thanks in advance Smile
Can you please send the file to me ??
 
 
Thanks.
Can you please send the file to me as well?
 
Thank you.
Hi Patb, could you please send me the zip?

my email is: adolfo@ahora.es
I tried all over to find this file. The KB article has not been updated yet so no help there.

Please could someone send me the file too please (promptengine_calendar.zip)

zinzaba@gmail.com
I spent 2 days searching for the solution but couldnt find anything. Please if anybody has the files. please email it to me @ johny452@hotmail.com
 
 
Hi guys,

Encountering the same issue in prod.

Could someone please send me the files at david.ratsamy@gmail.com?
Appreciate it.


Thanks and Regards,
David.
Hi Patb,
 
Would you be able to send the .zip file to me? (mail@stevenbenton.com) It's amazing how little there is on searching Google for this!
 
Many thanks,
Steve.