Comparisons of Summaries

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Fairly new to Crystal Reports (but will be working with it far into the future...hopefully) and after bludgeoning some basic stuff together, I got slowed down trying to locate how to accomplish a task that seemed like it should have been more straightfoward.
 
Please help...
 
Summary:
 
Currently have a report that does the following:
 
Lists rows of a database for a particular Company ID, by Year and Month. It summarizes this by a COUNT of the Rows per Company by Month with a SUM of the dollar amount in a TOTAL_BILLED Field per row for the Company ID.
 
That step went rather smoothly.
 
Here's where I got stuck:
I want to add Summaries that compare the COUNTS and SUMS from one month to the previous Month and show changes (+ or -) between the months.
 
Is there an easy way to accomplish this? And, if I have to use somekind of  Month - (Month-1) Comparison, how do I deal with changes when the year rolls over?
 
Thanks
i think u have to use arrays for this. if u read Brian's "Crystal Report Encyclopedia" page no. 632  u will know how to use arrays.