Selection Criteria - Having
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author
Posted By: Urgh — 24 Mar 2008 at 4:14pm
Hi All, I need some help!!!
| APPLIES_TO |
PRIMARY_ID |
TRAN_TYPE |
CHARGES |
PAYMENTS |
ADJ |
BILL_TYPE |
POSTING_DATE |
LINE_OF_BUSINESS |
| 7758807 |
8892181 |
P |
0.00 |
6.44 |
0.00 |
350 |
03/20/2007 |
MEDI-CAL |
| 7758807 |
9096311 |
A |
0.00 |
0.00 |
-7.73 |
1 |
05/15/2007 |
PRIVATE PAY |
| 7758807 |
9181988 |
A |
0.00 |
0.00 |
1.29 |
350 |
06/05/2007 |
MEDI-CAL |
| 7758807 |
9548360 |
P |
0.00 |
-7.73 |
0.00 |
351 |
08/31/2007 |
MEDI-CAL |
| 7758807 |
9548684 |
A |
0.00 |
0.00 |
7.73 |
1 |
09/04/2007 |
PRIVATE PAY |
| 9510229 |
9510229 |
C |
42.00 |
0.00 |
0.00 |
145 |
08/23/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
| 9510229 |
9562334 |
P |
0.00 |
2.03 |
0.00 |
145 |
09/06/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
| 9510229 |
9562335 |
A |
0.00 |
0.00 |
39.10 |
145 |
09/06/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
| 9510229 |
9725413 |
P |
0.00 |
0.87 |
0.00 |
1 |
10/24/2007 |
PRIVATE PAY |
| 9874375 |
9874375 |
C |
248.00 |
0.00 |
0.00 |
145 |
11/29/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
| 9874375 |
9937925 |
P |
0.00 |
63.62 |
0.00 |
145 |
12/14/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
| 9874375 |
9937926 |
A |
0.00 |
0.00 |
139.38 |
145 |
12/14/2007 |
BLUE SHIELD |
I'm trying to do a cross tab report by Line of Business with Charges (C), Payments(P) and Adjustments(A).
However, I only want them for a range of posting dates that have a tran type of C. The Applies to and the Primary will equal each other when the transaction type is a charge (C).
Next I need to eliminate those items that C-P-A (for the applies to item) are not equal to 0.
I've tried to do this so many different ways and get real close but I can't get the total formulat to work.
Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
-Urgh
Posted By: BrianBischof — 25 Mar 2008 at 8:52am
Since you have tried many ways and are coming very close, it would be helpful to show us what you have right now. Otherwise, any attempts to help will probably be recreating what you've already attempted.
Posted By: Urgh — 25 Mar 2008 at 12:05pm
I've geen able to handle the line of business issue by creating a formula
BT=:maximum ({Sheet1_.PROD_BILL_TYPE},Sheet1_.APPLIES_TO_ITEM}).
Then I created another variable:
LOB: using case:111 222 for each line of business.
I created a group by APPLIES_TO_ITEM with totals for Charges, Payments and Adjustments. Which gives me a nice clean summary and looks great in the cross tab. The only problem is I onlyd want the groups that total zero.
By the way your Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book is awesome. I must have sold a dozen or so. It's always on my desk and is very loved with lots of pretty tabs all over it (for reference).
Thanks for your help!!! -Urgh
Posted By: BrianBischof — 25 Mar 2008 at 7:37pm
Glad you like the book (and I'm glad that people keep buying more copies!)  Re your question, have you tried using a record selection formula based on the group value? That way you can filter out the records where the group value isn't equal to zero. See page the section "Selecting Records for Grouping" starting on page 164 in my book. -Brian You can find out more about my books at
Amazon.com
or reading the Crystal
Reports eBooks online.
|