Posted By: bucky7199 — 17 Mar 2008 at 6:43am
I have built an income statement using the crosstab object.
Now I need to build a comparative income statement, showing deltas (changes) from prior year, month to month, quarter to quarter and year to date. I know that's alot. How do I go about doing this? Can I use the crosstab report object to make this kind of report? I have been scratching my head on this one.
Thanks.
Posted By: bonsmcook — 9 Apr 2008 at 7:31am
Hi Dan,
I would build formulas for the deltas--an actual vs budget formula, a current yr vs last yr formula and so forth. Then, select these as columns into your crosstab just as you would do your actuals, budgets and prior year amounts.
Sandra
Posted By: BrianBischof — 9 Apr 2008 at 11:03am
I actually have an entire chapter dedicated to creating financial reports (income statements and balance sheet). I have each step listed out and explained in full detail. You can find out more about my books at
Amazon.com
or reading the
Crystal
Reports eBooks online.