Null value

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have some basic formulas I use for reporting that don't seem to work for all.

The two fields below can have null values in them. The default is null, if checked, value is "Y", if checked and then unchecked, the value is "N":
{CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYKIT}
{CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYSWK}

I'm doing a very simple calculation for ORDER TOTAL:
if {CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYSWK} = "Y" then ({SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityOrdered} - {SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityShipped})*{CI_Item.UDF_PK_QTYPERSHRINK}
else if {CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYKIT} = "Y" then ({SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityOrdered} - {SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityShipped})*{CI_Item.UDF_QTYPERBOX}
else ({SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityOrdered} - {SO_SalesOrderDetail.QuantityShipped})

Most of the items in my report will work, but will make any new items ORDER TOTAL = 0

if also created null value type formulas to force the N and Y and substitute them into the above formulas and have the same result. I've used this in reports over and over and have no idea why this doesn't work here.

My null value type formulas look like this:
OrderByBoxIsNull:
if isnull({CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYKIT}) then "N"
else If {CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYKIT} = "N" then "N"
else "Y"

OrderBySWKIsNull:
if isnull({CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYSWK}) then "N"
else If {CI_Item.UDF_PK_ORDERBYSWK} = "N" then "N"
else "Y"

When I put these fields in the report they show up correctly on 90% of the items, but the rest show 0.

What am I missing? Thanks for the help!
I have limited knowledge of what the Exceptions for Nulls selection does. Currently, that is what is selected in the formula editor.