Convert number to ascii text

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

How can I convert to ascii text?
This is what I tried, but the command of BinaryCharConversion is not accurate.

BinaryCharConversion(totext({JT_WorkTicketWrk.ParentQtyOrdered},0,""),'binary')

Any idea how to convert the ParentQtyOrdered field to ascii?

Thanks@
Ascii text?  I have never heard of that term.  Thus I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.  Converting individual characters to the ascii value can be done.  Crystal Reports has a function called AscW which will return the unicode of character.
If you want to display the ParentQtyOrdered number as a string, you would use the ToText() formula like this:

ToText({ParentQtyOrdered}, 0)

If you want to display the number as words, you would use a formula like this:

ToWords({ParentQtyOrdered})

If you want the ASCII value of the number (which doesn't make sense here...) you would write the formula like this:

Chr({ParentQtyOrdered})

-Dell
I got it to work! Thanks friends!