Select Expert not showing data to choose

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Please help! This is so simple but something is not working right. Crystal 2020, one table as source. 3 fields selected....client, matter, transaction date.

We have many clients and then matters within that client. I've selected one client - it works. Selected date >= 1/1/2022 - it works.   I try to select one matter # that is clearly showing in the report but that matter # is not available in the list of available values when I try to filter for just that matter. If I manually enter the matter # and refresh the report an empty report is returned. Why is the data not available to select when it is clearly there?

Edited by kmclaugh - 03 Mar 2022 at 6:45am
I would suspect that there is something amiss with how the matter # is stored (leading, trailing invisible characters?).  Without seeing the data (and type) and what is entered.  It is hard to say for sure.