Posted By: arnott — 11 Feb 2008 at 3:14pm
hi Brian,
I am novice VB.net user. I would like to use CR.net to generate some reports from arrays. does your book cover this ?
Thanks
arnott
Posted By: BrianBischof — 12 Feb 2008 at 11:06pm
Hi Arnott,
If you're using CR.NET 2003, then you can't report directly from arrays. However, in my book I show you how to create a DataTable and print from that. You could use that code to copy the array to a DataTable for printing.
If you're using CR.NET 2005, then you can print from an array. I'm actually writing that chapter right now and don't have the sample code yet. But I should have it soon and will finish that chapter and have it online.
Brian
Posted By: arnott — 13 Feb 2008 at 9:45am
hi Brian,
Thanks. Now I can ask my department to buy the book.
cheers
Arnott
Posted By: BrianBischof — 13 Feb 2008 at 11:26am
are you using 2003 or 2005?