What tool to use for data input
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: peaceandlove — 27 Jul 2021 at 8:35am
Well, few years back i use vb6 and crystal reports in my instutie to learn
Now i want to create few reports but as vb6 is obsolute so want to know what tool or software i should learn now that will be easy to use and learn to display report , if any webtool is avaialble that will be good other
Also is that possilbe if we create an application using some tool and crystal report we can install the same on mobile too?
Posted By: kevlray — 28 Jul 2021 at 5:13am
I believe that Crystal Reports requires .Net now. But since I do not develop reports by code. I am not sure.
Posted By: lockwelle — 12 Aug 2021 at 10:48am
I don't know about the mobile part. It might be possible to use Crystal. I have a feeling it is not going to work to well, as the phones OS is not Windows based. Could be wrong, not my expertise.
I would use SQL, that will translate for all platforms. How you display it, that will require more research. SQL will drive Crystal, as well as any tool that you find for the mobile app.
HTH
Posted By: kevlray — 16 Aug 2021 at 6:11am
It seems to me that I have seen Crystal Reports displayed on mobile devices. Not sure how it works.
|