Share NumberVar pulling incorrect data
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: mtapp2207 — 30 Mar 2021 at 5:41am
I am using Crystal Reports 2016.
I have a report with a sub report. I pulled the subreport onto the main report and have the correct data. Once I create the formula to "share" the data, data pulls but it is incorrect data The sub report is in Group Hearder 1 and the Shared Formula is in Group Header 2.
Sub Report Formula:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared numberVar SqrFt := Sum ({EV821_SPACE_SETUPS.EV821_MAX_QTY})
Main Report Formula:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared numberVar SQRFT;
Results: Group Header 1 = 198,000 (Correct)
Group Header 2 - 226,481 (Incorrect
Posted By: lockwelle — 30 Mar 2021 at 7:13am
Is your subreport tied to the main report via a parameter? Another way of asking, is the parameter in your subreport tied to a value in the main report?
If there is no relationship between the main report and the subreport, I think that the results are unpredictable. It will probably report values for what is at the end of the report. Just a guess.
HTH
Posted By: mtapp2207 — 30 Mar 2021 at 7:19am
The sub report is linked via the "event ID" field.
Posted By: lockwelle — 5 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
I don't know, then.
Are there more than 2 groups total?
Is it always off by 1 group?
Posted By: mtapp2207 — 6 Apr 2021 at 9:16am
There are several groups see below
GH2a - Event id 5648 Sub Report = 1,028,008(Correct)
Gh2b - Shared number variable = 1,161,043
GH2a - Event ID 23800 Sub Report = 979,408 (Correct)
GH2b - Shared number variable = 1,109,717
GH2a - Event ID 11786 Sub Report = 979,408 (Correct)
GH2b - Shared number variable = 1,109,717
Posted By: lockwelle — 8 Apr 2021 at 7:53am
it is mystery to me...which is not very helpful to you.
I would try adding columns in different places on the report to see what might be going on.
Or making a variable in the subreport that displays the parameter and displaying that, to make sure that the value being passed into the subreport is what you think it is.
Often, I have written code, thinking everything was working, and when I got the wrong result, breaking down the functionality and finding that a basic assumption of mine was flawed.
HTH
Posted By: mtapp2207 — 9 Apr 2021 at 3:55am
I got it to work. I removed everything and started from scratch. Not really sure what the difference is but at least it works. Thank you for your support
|