Display Timezone

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Does anyone know how to display the timezone? I used Print Time Zone but it displays with way more information than I need. I just want "EST" or "CST". Any ideas? Worst case can I just split out everything after the first comma if I use Print Time Zone?

The print time zone displays CST as:

Central Standard Time,360,Central Daylight Time,-60;3.2.0/02:00,11.1.0/02:00

which is way too much info
Never had used PrintTimeZone, and not sure about how it works, but maybe a formula can produce the result you need.
Create a formula like this:

If PrintTimeZone like "Central Standard Time*" Then
    "CST"
Else If PrintTimeZone like "Eastern Standard Time*" Then
    "EST"
Else
    ""

You could add more sentences If.. Then if there are more time zones.

Use the formula instead of the PrintTimeZone field.

Edited by Valert16 - 01 Mar 2021 at 11:49pm