Posted By: Algebrina — 4 Jan 2021 at 3:00am
I'm trying to build a report where I can pull amounts that are over 100mm and break them up into smaller amounts, specifically 99,999,999.99 as many times as needed and whatever is left over.
Example:
200,000,000.00
Output needed:
99,999,999.99
99,999,999.99
.02
I've figured out how to calculate the .02 part, but I can't figure out how to return multiple rows of 99,999,999.99. I'm using Crystal Reports 2013 and pulling the amounts from an SQL database. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: kevlray — 4 Jan 2021 at 4:17am
The only thing I can think of is to create a string and append the values (with a CR) in a formula. Thus you would not really get multiple rows, but it would be broken up.
Posted By: lockwelle — 12 Mar 2021 at 8:31am
I know that I am late to the party...
I would create a function in SQL to break it up and return the multiple rows. Your detail section would become a group header, and your new multiple row would become the details.
At least it is a thought