Dynamic Picture Display
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: Reva — 23 Aug 2020 at 8:59pm
Logo Display
Hello,
I am looking to create a report with 2 different logo based on condition. For this, I included 2 different logo(.jpg file) in same position of the report and tried to suppress the logo.
Table_name.Logo_Flag='Y' is the formula used in one of the jpg file suppress area and
Table_name.Logo_Flag='N' is another formula used in second picture suppress area.
Now, my concerns is, Initially it populate correctly, after that it is not working properly.
Moreover I am going to integrate the report with SSL (StarLIMS Scripting Language) application.
I am Using Crystal Reports XI version.
Kindly let me know to figure out the issue. Thanks in advance!! Edited by Reva - 23 Aug 2020 at 9:01pm
Posted By: lockwelle — 24 Aug 2020 at 5:28am
you should include logic to suppress and unsuppress the images. I usually put it in the suppression logic like:
{usually a parameter name} = "some value"
Ultimately, it is how your report knows that it should display one image instead of the other.
This syntax returns either true or false. To display, you want it to return false, as this is in the Suppress logic, and true means that you want to hide the object
HTH
Posted By: Reva — 24 Aug 2020 at 8:28am
Thanks for your suggestion lockwelle!!
I am doing same as you said..
Parameter name is Logo_Flag and value is 'Y' or 'N'. Logo_Flag value is extracting from database and it is accurate. But the image results is just a blank. Kindly let me know if you have any solution. Thank You!!
Posted By: Reva — 25 Aug 2020 at 5:26am
Hello,
I got an output with same CR report changes as issue with integrated application. Thank you lockwelle for your time on this :)
|