Page Setup No Printer Changes Font Size

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I am using Crystal Reports 2016 and recently discovered an issue where some text was missing on reports that we had been using for years with Crystal Reports 2013.

I finally figured out last week that when No Printer is checked on Page Setup, the font size increases causing some sections of the report to get chopped off. I no longer have Crystal Reports 2013 so I can't tell if this was an issue with 2013, but I do not recall ever encountering it.

When I check/uncheck the No Printer option, I can visibly see the text size change after I click OK on the Page Setup dialog.

The font is set to Times New Roman, 8, Bold.
I checked it before and after the visible change and it still indicates Times New Roman, 8, Bold.

My workaround is to no longer use the No Printer option. However, this does not seem like normal behavior that I would expect.

Has anybody else seen this behavior when using the No Printer option?

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by statey603 - 01 Jun 2020 at 3:09am
Crystal Reports likes to adjust the font depending on what printer is connected (not sure how it determines it).  Because we post most of our reports to the BI platform.  We normally set to the No Printer option.  It seems to avoid most of these issues.