Eliminating Replication
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: NCGOV — 11 Mar 2020 at 3:01am
I am looking to create a report that includes a parent table and multiple child tables.
I have grouped the parent table by the system ID and subsequently grouped the child tables by their system ID.
I Do Not want to use sub-reports.
The child table data replicates for each entry. How can this be corrected with formulas and/or parameters?
I do not want to use the suppression formula of "{table.field}=previous{table.field}
Sample Data -
Parent table Data
Child table1 Data1
Child table2 Data1 Child table2 Data2
Child table1 Data2
Child table2 Data1 Child table2 Data2
Child table1 Data3
Child table2 Data1 Child table2 Data2
Goal -
Parent table Child table1 Data1
Child table1 Data2 Child table1 Data3 Child table2 Data1 Child table2 Data2
Posted By: kevlray — 11 Mar 2020 at 9:18am
Depending on the data source and how good you are writing SQL code. You probably could achieve the results you want. You would have write sub-queries.
Posted By: NCGOV — 11 Mar 2020 at 9:26am
I am a novice and have no idea how to accomplish this.  I have all of the links going from the parent table to the child tables, left outer join.
The one to many is really tough. I am struggling to figure out how to accomplish my goal.
Posted By: kevlray — 12 Mar 2020 at 4:12am
Unfortunately without knowing more about the particular database and the table structure along with the columns and join information. It would be very difficult to assist. There is a ton of information available on the internet.
|