Using table values as prompt inputs

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello:

CR 11.0

Have created a simple invoice report and would like to send the same report to multiple customers automatically using Business Objects scheduler on a weekly basis.

Is this possible? I was hoping I could just 'hook' the report to a table with all our customer data and set it up to run every week.

After Googling the topic, it seems like maybe the SAP Business Views add on to Business Objects would do this. Can anybody verify that I am going in the correct direction?
If you're still working on this, the way to handle this would be through a Publication. However, I'm not sure whether Publications are available in BusinessObjects XI, which is what I assume you're using based on the version of Crystal. Unless "11" is from "2011", in which case this will work.

You would create a report off of the customer data table that includes the name, email address, and relevant fields for filtering the original report for each customer. The original report becomes the "Source Document" and the customer report becomes the "Dynamic Recipients" document. Under "Personalization" you'll match the fields from the customer report to the matching fields in the source report. Set up format and destination, then schedule the publication. It will automatically burst the source report and send it to the customers.

-Dell