Suppressing Duplicates Per Group

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have a report for memorial gifts that contains the names of donors grouped by the names of the memorialized. To suppress duplicate donor names, I am using the formula:

{GfCnAdrSal.GfCnAdrSal_Addressee}=previous({GfCnAdrSal.GfCnAdrSal_Addressee})


This works great except when the last donor in group 1 is the same name as the first donor in group 2. Then the matching name in group 2 gets removed. How can I prevent this and limit the matching to a per group basis?
Have a second criteria to check if the grouped name is the same (if not then suppress).
Originally posted by kevlray

Have a second criteria to check if the grouped name is the same (if not then suppress).



Can you help me with how to form that? I'm not familiar with these formulas at all.
Of course I do not know what field you are grouping on so I am just creating pseudo code.

{GfCnAdrSal.GfCnAdrSal_Addressee}=previous({GfCnAdrSal.GfCnAdrSal_Addressee})
and groupfield = previous(groupfield)


Edited by kevlray - 03 Dec 2019 at 4:48am
Thank you. That works perfectly!