Failed to save document error

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Sigh. I am running Crystal Reports XI release 2 on Windows 10 to take a simple file Excel file and create a report (student course load to generate a student schedule in a grid format). After a few issues, I have the Upper School schedule running like a charm. I Copied the report, changed the database input to the Middle School file and it will not save - Failed to save document error.

I have tried to make a new connection and update it.

I have verified the database.

I have checked dependencies.

I have removed and readded the source database.

I can even generate and print the schedules. I just can't save the report.

Before I close out of the report and lose it all, does anyone have any suggestions? (I will ask for an updated version, but that isn't going to help today.)

Thank you for your time.
Have tried doing a save as and saving it to a different location?
It won't save anywhere. I tried saving it to my desktop and it won't save.
Unfortunately, it appears something has gone terribly wrong (FYI:  I just had to have our IT staff restore my computer, Crystal Reports was acting very weird for me).