How to highlight only Text and Not Entire Field
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: JohnH1976 — 4 Mar 2019 at 7:31am
Hello:
I have a field that stretches the entire width of the page, about 7.5". If I add a highlight (color background) to the field, the entire field receives the highlight, regardless of the length of the data in the field. How can I highlight just the returned data?
Posted By: kevlray — 4 Mar 2019 at 10:18am
Just the 'Returned Data'? Please explain.
Posted By: JohnH1976 — 4 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm
It's simply the contents of the field. I'm looking to highlight just the information that gets returned, not the entire space allotted to the field.
Posted By: DBlank — 5 Mar 2019 at 3:22am
I am not seeing anyway to do this. I thought maybe through HTML but that didn't seem to work in my tests.
Can you just change the font color rather than the background color?
Posted By: Valert16 — 5 Mar 2019 at 8:09am
Try this
Right click the field --> Format Field... --> Border --> Tight Horizontal
Posted By: DBlank — 5 Mar 2019 at 8:12am
Nice Valert16, never needed to use that attribute before. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: JohnH1976 — 5 Mar 2019 at 10:11am
Valert16, thank you so much!
|