running summary

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hi I need to make an payment summary. And I have data as below :
Inv.Nu   Date TOP       Pay date   Payment       Balance
001       02-01-2019                             1.000
                        01-01-2019   100           900
                        01-04-2019    50           850
                        02-15-2019   850            0

I need to calculate the balance following payment value. So the balance running by the row.

Thanks,

Joe
You don't mention which version of Crystal you're using, but I'm going to assume that it's fairly current.

This is fairly easy to do. Crystal has a "Running Total" option that you would use. Basically, you would set it up like this:

Field to summarize: Payment field
Evaluate: For each record
Reset: On change of field Invoice Number field.

For my example, I will call this {#Payments}. The other assumption I'm going to make is that the first row that you're displaying comes from a "master" record that has the information about the total amount of the invoice. Then you would create a formula that looks something like this to display the running balance:

{Invoice Balance} - {#Payments}

Depending on how the data is set up, if the payments are already negative, you would use "+" in the formula instead of "-".

-Dell

I'm working on crystal XI version. But thx anyway and I'll try your solution..thx again