Running total not summarizing.
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: JRCharlie — 24 Oct 2018 at 3:05pm
Hi
I have created a running total in VS2017 but instead of a sum im getting the count of records.
These are my records.
Day Address Color cab_Count
Monday adress1 red 1
Monday adress2 blue 3
The report is grouped by day. Instead of getting a total of 4 I get 2 which is the record count.
Posted By: NCGOV — 25 Oct 2018 at 5:34am
What do you have for each section?
Summary - cab_count
Evaluate - for each record?
Reset - on change of group
You could also use the Summary option in lieu of a running total.
Posted By: JRCharlie — 25 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
Thanks NCGOV
I Figured out, I had created a dataset with a table and the Cab_Count field had an interger as the data type, But the data tht I used to fill the table had the wrong data type it had a string as a data type. So all worked after I changed the data type.
|