Summing/Grouping records

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello,

I'm building a report that uses a view that itemizes costs on a PO. So if a distinct PO# has more than 1 component with costs attached to it there will be multiple records returned for that PO#.

For example.
PO#       Total Cost
79135    $33,016.39
79135    $480.38

However in the report I only want to bring in 1 record for that PO# with those 2 costs summed.

PO#           Total Cost
79135        $33,496.77

The Total Cost field is the only field that would be unique in a return of multiple records for a PO.



Can anyone help figure out how to do this?

Thanks!


Edited by pmjewett - 12 Oct 2018 at 9:52am
The way that I wold normally do it is to hide the details and put a running total in the Group Footer for the PO#.