Posted By: igendreau — 8 Aug 2018 at 5:13am
So I was asked to write a report that shows sales within a 50 miles radius. I used a tool on the web to generate the 977 zip codes that are included in that radius. But when I write my formula:
{MyTable.MyField} in {"19508", "19543", "19875"} (except with my 977 zip codes pasted here) I keep getting an error that "The matching " for this string is missing".
I've tried bringing it into notepad, copying and pasting it multiple ways. Is there a limit to how long a list of values like that can be in Crystal? Or is there a better way that I can do this?
Posted By: DBlank — 9 Aug 2018 at 9:49am
I am not sure about the length of a specific item like that.
Your sure they are all double quotes and not any single quotes next to each that look like a double quote?
You can also try and break it into parts with an OR between each subpart
(
{MyTable.MyField} in ["19508", "19543", "19875"]
Or
{MyTable.MyField} in ["19509", "19544", "19876"]
OR
{MyTable.MyField} in ["19510", "19545", "19877"]
)
maybe add a table or stored proc as a temp table result of the 977 rows that is the list and just join it to limit?