I hope someone can help and thanks in advance to all that read my issue - much appreciated. I'm very computer savvy (but clearly not in this particular case).
I've developed a report that when completed is saved and passed into some other software as a .rpt file with data saved therefore I have some data rules that I must obey for the software outside of Crystal. My point here is that the solution I found to the issue below isn't compatible with the 3rd party S/W.
The report prints a group as follows:
GH1 (supressed drill down ok) - {group header data} {detail data email address where a field from below = "OTH"}
Detl - some data, some data (value = "PAR")},some data { email_address}
detl - same data, some data (value = "OTH", some data { email_address}
detl - same data, some data (value = "CPT", some data { email_address}
GF1 (suppressed )
The detl line that contains "OTH" can be anywhere in an unknown number of detl lines.
My issue is that when a certain field in the detl data = "OTH" I would like to print the email address of that detail record in the group header. I can do this using a sub-report however the software this report is fed into doesn't recognise data from a sub-report. I have tried to get the data from the sub-report back to the main report using sharedvariable and whilereadingrecords but this doesn't seem to work.
I would be very grateful if someone on the forum could give me some pointers. I can work things out but if you suggest a function of feature that might work please could you show a simple example
Many many thanks in advance,
