Simple one table report stops responding
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: Andrewarbogast — 20 Jun 2018 at 4:07am
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to do an audit using one table. The problem I'm having is that when I try to filter on anything, the report stops responding. When it actually works, it takes a very long time to get any results (hour +). I'm only filtering on one month so I'm not sure what's causing this. Please help with any ideas.
Thanks
Posted By: kevlray — 20 Jun 2018 at 4:13am
A great many things could be happening. An audit table could be huge and not indexed. Do you have another tool in which you can query the database (i.e., SQL Server Management Studio)?
Posted By: Andrewarbogast — 20 Jun 2018 at 4:24am
I'm not sure if it's an audit table or not but I mean we want to audit specific info from the table.
I don't have another tool to query it unfortunately.
Posted By: kevlray — 20 Jun 2018 at 7:12am
Too bad. It is the only way to really know if it is a Crystal issue or a DB issue.
Posted By: DBlank — 22 Jun 2018 at 7:42am
Make sure you do not have any other tables or data sources in the report.
Get rid of "page n of m" if you are using it.
Are you using any sub reports?
Are you using any SQL expressions?
|