Can you do calculations in a text object

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

what I am wondering is if you can insert a mathematical operator between 2 fields on a TEXT OBJECT and have it work?

I have a case where I have dragged 2 fields I a sql expression field (denominator)

and 2 sum in a grouping so it looks like this

<Text Object>{Sum of @del_ammount_over500k}/{%totalBalanceOfLoans}</Text Object>

I just types the "/" in between them thinking that it would just do the mathematical operation. is there a eval() type function that makes the / be taken leteral?

Edited by merrittr - 14 Jun 2018 at 5:05am
No.  The fields would have to be in a formula.  I have never used the eval function.  Not sure how it works.
OK thanks Kevlray

I might be out of luck then.
Why can't you put a formula inside of a text box?