Minimum Date from Date Range

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have a formula that pulls in data based on the date the event went to a status of 33.(10/01/2017-10/31/2017). However if someone makes a mistake and changes the status twice during the date range I entered it is being picked up twice and doubles the $ amount. Is there a way to only pull the data based on the MINIMUM date from the range?
Current data returned:
Date went to 33     status     name     amount     unique id
10/1/2017     to 33     mmt     $1,000      123
10/15/2017     to 33     mmt     $1,000      123
                       $2,000      
                    
Results wanted:
10/1/2017     to 33     mmt     $1,000      123
                       $1,000      
Thank you
There is a round about way of doing it.  I assume that there is some sort of account number you can group on. If so then you can group on the Date and either in the Group Header or Group Footer (depending how you sort the group) show the 'details' and hide the detail line.  Thus you will only show the minimum date.