Suppress a section based on suppression of followi

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have the following group setup.
     GH#2a     Contains lines and text as a title for Special Notes
     GH#2b     Contains subreport for PO Notes
     GH#2c     Contains subreport for Supplier Notes

Both GH#2b and GH#2c are set to “Suppress Blank Section”.

I need to be able to Suppress Section GH#2a when both GH#2b and GH#2c are suppressed.

Is this possible to do?
How do I build the Suppression Formula for this?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
-Kristen Lott
you would likely need to create 3 other group headers above these GHs where you execute your two sub-reports and return shared variable of a count of records from the sub reports and use that to conditionally suppress what you now think of as GH2a. This of course is very resource intensive forcing you to double up on all the sub report executions.
Thank you for the response. I was hoping it would be something a bit more simplistic.
Need to find out just how important it is that the title doesn't show if there are no notes.
Thanks again.
-Kristen Lott
with the sub reports it tends to get a little more difficult. values from sub reports can not be queried in the main report and if you pass a shared variable back to the main report to use in a query it can only be used in sections below/after where it is returned to.