Sum for records shown on report only

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello! I am a new Crystal Reports user, and have a basic question. Thank you in advance for your help.

I have a report that I created to monitor loan payoffs in the previous month.

It is showing only those payments that were for a payoff and use a particular code, "PIF".

At the bottom of my report I included a summary field. I want to simply total the values shown on the report. However, the value shown in the summary field is much greater than the total of the amounts shown.

I think I am pulling the total of all payments made, but I really want the total of only those shown on the report.

could anyone please point me in the right direction?

thank you!
So are you hiding the other payments?  If so, just remember hiding them is just that.  You are removing them from the view, not removing the data.  You need to create a running total with a condition for the Evaluate to only evaluate when a particular code is used (lots of examples on the internet).
you could also use variables in formulas. I like them better than running totals, and they do the same thing, at least the vast majority of the time.

Just another avenue that you can explore to conditionally add up the values that you display on the report.

HTH