Show unique records causing duplicates

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

If I understand correctly, if there appears to be "duplicate" records, there's some table that's unique to each row. If that is correct, is there a way to quickly identify those unique records?

I have two fields that show staff and their assigned supervisor. I have a staff member listing two supervisors and I can't figure out what's unique to each row. I even tried "Select Distinct Records" and that didn't work.
Without understanding the table structure and the joins used.  This could be difficult. 

So for every row returned from the database (all columns whether they are displayed on the report or not).  Hopefully there will be a unique set of values.  If the values are duplicated (the entire row), then that is where "Select Distinct Records" will be helpful.  If not, then other possibilities will have to be explored.

So are you just using tables or are you using a command?