Formula Help
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: yeller — 7 Feb 2018 at 8:43am
I wrote 2 formulas and am attempting to combine them (multiply). The first formula is numeric. The second formula is text based. Although the second formula is a texted based user value field, the output is always numeric. Is there a way to combine them to produce a numeric total?
Posted By: kevlray — 7 Feb 2018 at 12:43pm
Have attempted to convert the result of the second formula to a numeric? CDbl function?
Posted By: yeller — 8 Feb 2018 at 1:59am
Thank you, yes I have. Formula workshop gives the message: No errors found. As soon as I close the workshop it gives the error message: The string is non-numeric.
Posted By: kevlray — 8 Feb 2018 at 4:23am
Apparently not all your data can be converted to numeric. One way as a test is to use a formula like this to see when it does not like the data. if isnumeric({somefield}) then 'true' else 'false'
|