Crystal Rpts 2011 [14.0.7.1147] crashing on Win10

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I've been using Crystal Reports 2011 for a number of years with no issues. We upgraded to new Windows 10 PCs back in August. I can't rule out Windows 10 as a cause because I had not worked with Crystal for about the last 6 months.

Starting about a week ago, the Crystal Reports 2011 application randomly crashes while I am working on reports. It is happening with various reports, as well as reports on the Crystal server and local reports on my PC. The crashes do not seem specific to any particular operation that I am doing. Fairly random as to when it occurs. I encountered at least a dozen crashes yesterday.

The reports I am working on are new reports. I have had no reason to work on old reports so I am not sure if the crashes are limited to the new reports. The data is in an Oracle database.

I have lost many report design changes and am now trying to save as often as possible.

I ran Check for Updates. Not sure if it updated, but the application is still crashing.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Bill


Edited by statey603 - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:14am
Windows 10 is not one of the platforms supported by CR 2011 so it could be a number of things.  Have you tried compatibility mode in Windows 10?  I am not sure which version of CR is supported by Windows 10
I upgraded to Crystal Reports 2013 SP10 and this issue is no longer happening.

Thanks